How to Write in the Business World PRE-RECORDED - with Book
How to Write in the Business World Like a Total Pro
Facilitator: Danny Rubin
In a fast-moving, engaging webinar, author and communications expert Danny Rubin will show you the fundamentals of business writing and then how to apply those skills to your emails and job applications.
Most common writing mistakes
Fundamentals of business writing
- How to be brief and remove words you don’t need
- How to add important details when necessary
- Crash course on capitalization
- Crash court on exclamation points
- How to make sure people know what you want
Writing in the job search
- How to make introductions with an employer
- How to tell a story as the lead paragraph to a cover letter
- How to enhance the “Experience” section on a resume
Writing skills for networking
- How to ask to meet with someone for career advice
- How to reach out to alumni from your school
- How to send a memorable thank-you note after a networking meeting
* Registrants will also receive a copy of Danny's book, Wait, How Do I Write This Email?: Game-Changing Templates for Networking and the Job Search
** By purchasing this webinar, you agree to the National Tutoring Association’s (NTA) Recorded Webinar Purchase Agreement. Please see below.
I understand that in purchasing this recorded NTA training webinar, I agree to the following provisos as set forth by the NTA with regard to the proprietary content of the webinar. I understand that the webinar is intended for individual viewing only. I will not share viewing of this webinar with any other individual. I further understand that I will not make recordings, either audio or video, of this webinar. I will not take screen shots from the webinar. I will not pass the link or pass code for this webinar to any other individual without the express written permission of the NTA. I understand that I will have 30 days to access this webinar for individual training purposes. At the end of 30 days, my pass code will be deleted from the NTA system. I may request one extension if I have been unable to complete the webinar and accompanying assessment during my initial 30 days. While the NTA makes every possible effort to work with trainees, extensions are not guaranteed. All training webinars are the copyrighted property of the NTA. The NTA reserves the right to prosecute all violations of this agreement to the fullest extend possible.